Designed for knowledgeable carpenters, this program focuses on safe erection methods and required inspections in both tube and clamp and systems scaffold as required by the commercial/industrial industry.
Week One is safety training:
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- First Aid
Week Two is Aerial Lift and Powered Industrial Truck Operator training.
Week Three is Rigging.
Weeks Four to Eleven are Scaffold Erection (8 weeks). In this program, participants will work with both tube and clamp and systems scaffold. Hands on scaffold erection and inspections are critical components to this course. Program objectives:
- Safety certified in Fall Protection and Confined Spaces
- Importance of planning for erection and dismantle of scaffold
- Scaffold safe use guidelines
- Tube and clamp scaffold theory
- Tube and clamp mobile scaffold frame and total system scaffolds
- Scaffold rigging
- Powerline Hazard
Tuition – $6,100
Textbooks & Equipment – $510
Grade 12 or equivalent, or call to schedule a Scholastic Level Examination.
2,000 hours of construction experience – documentation required.