This is the curriculum provided by the WHSCC in Newfoundland. CMTC is pleased to be a provider of this training. Please note, this is scheduled on a on-demand basis only. There is no regular scheduling of this course.
By the end of this five-hour course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the need for power line hazard training
- Recognize power line structures
- Distinguish between conductors and insulators
- Identify characteristics of electricity
- Identify how electricity travels
- Discuss the effect of electricity
- Identify steps in the emergency response to contact with power lines
- Use sections of the OH&S regulations to answer practical questions dealing with power line hazards
- Review employers’ and workers’ rights and responsibilities
$100 + HST
To register, or for more information, please call 902-252-3553.